Friday, January 11, 2013

Early bus to Canas

Its 530am right now. I'm on a bus to Canas (14,500 colones, ~$1.90), the first stop along the way to Monteverde. The public buses here seem to be a step up from the camionettas de pollo in Gatemala and Honduras. They are not old schoolbusses, more like old coaches. The seats are hard, hut they are formed and tall. The trip to Canas and our first transfer should take less than an hour.

I forgot to mention in my last post how hot it is here, so I will now. It's hot. And dry. I think I brought too many thermal layers and j doubt if I'll really need the heavy raincoat I ran out to buy at EMS last minute on Tuesday. So far, a cellophane poncho looks like it would have been enough! It's barely 6am and at least 60 degrees. I feel likel it's climbing a degree every minute or so.

Last night a few of the hostelers were making fun of my jeans and heavy sneakers...well, we'll see who gets the last laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment